Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Tea-themed Christmas books — and a fantasy one!

Because there aren't that many tea-themed Christmas books out there, I've made a custom of looking through the same ones year after year. The ones I currently own are, clockwise from left, "The Twelve Teas of Christmas" by Emilie Barnes, "Christmas Teas of Comfort and Joy" by Emilie Barnes (text is from the earlier book, but the artwork is different), "A Cup of Christmas Tea" by Tom Hegg and "A Christmas Wish" by Dee Appel.

I have to tell you that I have a *great* idea for a tea-themed Christmas book, but I don't want to be the one to write or edit it, so feel free to take my idea and run with it. I'd love to see a great big, beautiful, glossy hardback book featuring stories and photos of those Christmas tea table settings we've all enjoyed for so many years. Wouldn't that be neat, to have a gorgeous book with, oh, a hundred or more table settings from church and charity Christmas teas, and the story of how someone used Aunt Nellie's china pattern or Grandmother Louise's silverware? It would have to be a big-budget project to support quality photography (and the travel budget to fly someone to so many teas), but I think women across America would want a copy.

Meanwhile, do you have any other tea-themed Christmas books I should add to my list?

8 comments:

  1. I only have A Cup of Christmas Tea so far but would like to add a few more. I have a gift card for our book store so will see what I can treat myself to.
    I think we know a couple of blogging ladies that would have the info and photos for the book you described. :-)
    I'll check back for suggestions from the other comments.
    Angela, if you go to your blog settings and change comments to embedded, it will get rid of the word verification Blogger has added.
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another book by Sandy Lynam Clough is A Cozy Christmas Tea. It's a sweet little book published by Harvest House in 1998. I found it at an estate sale. I also have the teacup and teabag holder that goes with A Cup of Christmas Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like you book idea! I do have a couple of the books you pictured and will be on the lookout for the rest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like your idea for a book. Seems like something Tea Time Magazine could compile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a great idea......hmm

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your idea for a book. Maybe someone will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Cup of Christmas Tea and love your idea for a book like that.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Angela,

    A Memory of Christmas Tea, is the sequel to A Cup of Christmas Tea by Tom Hegg. It revisits the lovely themes of his visit to his Aunt and reminds us to take time for the ones we love. Hope you are enjoying all of the fun preparations for Christmas with many cups of wonderful tea.

    Have a happy day!

    Mary Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!