Monday, December 1, 2014

Have a cup of cheer!


Have a holly jolly Christmas
It's the best time of the year
Well, I don't know if there'll be snow
But have a cup of cheer

— From the song "A Holly Jolly Christmas"

I don't know about you, but having grown up with that old Burl Ives Christmas tune, I take to heart his advice to "have a cup of cheer," and to me that often means a cup of Christmas tea! Suddenly, as if by magic, my tastebuds have tired of pumpkin and gone in search of peppermint and spice flavors.

Fortunately we tea lovers have lots of Christmas teas to choose from. Three I have on hand at the moment are Candy Cane Lane from Celestial Seasonings, a decaf green tea; Christmas Tea from Twinings, a black tea blend with cinnamon and cloves; and Holiday Chai from Republic of Tea, a spiced herb tea I have enjoyed in the past.

But what's my favorite? Without a doubt it's Candy Cane Lane! I'm not sure which of you turned me on to this tea years ago, but someone did, and I've been a loyal fan ever since. In fact, I'm feeling a bit nervous since I have only one box left and haven't seen any of this tea in stores yet, but then I haven't given it a good search, so I suppose there's still time to stock up. Do you have a favorite Christmas tea? Will you start drinking it today now that December has arrived?

13 comments:

  1. I love Twinings Christmas tea. I enjoy taste tasting any holiday tea I find! Ho Ho Ho!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am hooked on a Murchie's Christmas tea, but those all look wonderful! I am having tea in my Spode Christmas Tree teacup these days as well!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love Bigelow's Eggnogg'n. I always check the clearance shelves at my local grocery store after Christmas where I can get it at a great reduced price and build up my stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Candy Cane Lane tea! And if you are near a Trader Joe's they have a "Candy Cane Green Tea" in their house brand, that tastes just as good in my opinion. I'm also partial to Harney and Sons' Holiday Tea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have looked and looked but have not been able to find the Candy Cane Lane tea here...you'd think Publix would have it!! :) I adore Harney & Sons Holiday Tea (loose)...and I actually broke it out yesterday and steeped a cup! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i may just have to try out peppermint teas! i used to really dislike peppermint and other kinds of mint, but my pallet has been changing recently.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Give the Downton Abbey Christmas tea a try! Love the tea and the canister. I will have to look for the candy cane,

    ReplyDelete
  8. OKay - I am on the search now for Candy Cane Lane tea! Sounds perfect. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love Candy Cane Lane and have a stock in my cupboard. Haven't sipped any yet, but now I must do that soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Our stores carry a few Celestial Seasonings, so I will be out tomorrow to see if by chance they have this one. We are very limited in what we get here. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have all of these. I was disappointed to see the Twingings ingredients are now tea and artificial flavors. I guess they don't use the real spices anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun post about Christmas teas, Angela! I wonder how many are on the market - probably too many to count. Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have not yet found my favourite christmas tea, which means I am happily trying lots of different teas. Now steeping: Büntings Winter Chai :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!