Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Tea in a Christmas teacup

Originally, I intended to save this whole box of Twinings Christmas Tea so I could tuck the individually-packaged teabags into Christmas cards. But when I went to the post office for Christmas stamps this week, they were sold out! (Yes, the *post office* was out of Christmas stamps, although they were hoping to get new ones in.) So, willpower on the wane, I couldn't help myself and tore into that pretty box of tea and had a sip.

I even like the tags on this cinnamon and clove blend! I also wanted to mention that my "Noel" teacup is marked Royal Tuscan, but I have seen this same pattern from other makers, and I'd love to know who else has this pattern so I can start keeping a record of all the makers.

One handy thing about having a tea blog is that I almost always share photos of a new teacup, providing a catalog of sorts, and when I typed in "Royal Tuscan" and did a search, I found that I purchased this teacup on eBay in 2010. Something else I did not remember is that Royal Tuscan was part of the Wedgwood Group! Do you have this pattern by another maker? If so, please share!

9 comments:

  1. I had a cup of that tea yesterday! A mug, actually, since I was at work. Going back to Earl Grey today, I think. And some Candy Cane Lane this afternoon. I need to bring a Christmas mug to work! Your Noel teacup is beautiful, I don't have any of that pattern but I would like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had...have...the pattern by Royal Grafton, Queen Anne and another which I will have to remember. The decal was made by one company and sold to the other potters. Can't remember the name of the decal company...there were a lot of them but many didn't last long. Also, in house pottery designers did a lot of copy catting...I guess as designers do these days as well.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty Christmas tea cup! This pattern is 'new' to me! Enjoyed reading the decal info that Ruth shared.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pattern on your teacup is lovely, and I like that it includes pinecones.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty teacup that could be used all winter. The tea blend sounds lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried Twinings Christmas tea yet. That is such a beautiful teacup and your photos are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My post office was out of Christmas stamps too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely tea cup! I am having a cookie swap on Saturday for 22 ladies and a few gents, and I am going to go pick up this tea, as it sounds perfect! Thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!