Friday, December 26, 2014

Celestial Seasonings' Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland Tea

The bad news is, when my husband and I made our annual pre-Christmas visit to Whole Foods in Atlanta this week, there was no Celestial Seasonings Candy Cane Lane tea. None. Not one box. So I am limited to the single box on hand unless I can find some more on clearance soon. But the good news is, I discovered a most scrumptious NEW "Holiday Tea" blend from Celestial Seasonings, this Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland Tea!

And oh my, is this stuff ever good! I also brought home a Turtle Brownie from the Whole Foods bakery, and my companion tea was a cup of this cranberry tea. I'm not sure I would have thought of combining cranberry and vanilla, but the combination is so good, so rich, and a perfect balancing act with the fruitiness of the cranberry flavor and the richness of the vanilla. This definitely qualifies as a dessert tea. As I sipped it, it occurred to me that this is *almost* as good as Candy Cane Lane, though I think CCL remains my favorite Christmas blend at this point. Still, how did I not know about this new tea? Have any of you tried this new Celestial Seasonings blend?

13 comments:

  1. This tea is awesome. Its a nice blend of flavors. It got me in the spirit of the holidays. Christy in Tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, that does look delicious. I haven't seen Candy Cane Lane this year, either, and I do love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have some Candy Cane Lane Tea; but have not tried this new flavor. Sounds wonderful. Will look for it in our stores. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Angela, I haven't tried the Vanilla Cranberry Wonderland Tea. I'll see if I can find a box remaining on the shelves when I go out today. Hope your Christmas was Merry and Bright! I'm looking forward to some downtime over the next day or two when I can get caught up on my blog reading. ~ Phyllis

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I'm sipping a cup of Twinings Christmas Tea that I received from a very nice friend as I do some blog reading. It's yummy! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was so disappointed -- none of our local grocery stores that I checked (Pubix, Kroger, and WalMart) had any of the specialty holiday teas by Bigelow or Celestial Seasonings. I was so ready to get my hands on some and just couldn't find any!!! I'm 'drinking' vicariously through you this year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Candy Cane Lane tea is my favourite holiday tea too! I'd love to try Cranberry Vanilla Wonderland but haven't seen it around here. The Canadian stores only seem to carry Candy Cane Lane, Gingerbread Spice, and Sugar Plum Spice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Merry Christmas! If you have a Trader Joe's near you they have a candy cane decaf green tea which is delicious. I also bought the Christmas blend Downton Abbey tea also very good. This can be ordered from PBS or World Market.Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed a cup of Christmas Tea today. Must try to find some Cranberry Vanilla - sounds yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've not seen this tea. My grocery store only had Twinings Christmas tea. There was a new Bigalow holiday I wanted to try but couldn't find anywhere. If you have a Trader Joe's they have their version (probably made by CS) of CCL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have not tried it, but now curious.
    Candy Cane Lane is one of the very few blends I like.
    Believe it or not, I bought so much last year I didn't need
    to buy this year. Then on the other hand I haven't seen it
    in the store either.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I did try this new tea and shared with two friends. Two of us did NOT like it. We felt it was way too sweet and rather tasted like candy, but thought children would enjoy it. The 3rd friend liked it with no sweetener added. I have seen both teas mentioned at Fresh & Easy, Winco, and Target. Here is a link to 5 of the different holiday teas at Target. http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=celestial+seasonings+holiday+tea&category=0%7CAll%7Cmatchallpartial%7Call+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_celestial+seasonings+holiday+tea
    I too really enjoy Twinings Christmas Tea and find the lovely bags wonderful to tuck into a card or gift for friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Angela, you can order Candy Cane Lane online (by the case if you wish!) from Amazon and several other sellers such as Lucky Vitamin.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!