Thursday, March 31, 2016

A taste of spring!

Do you find yourself reaching for teacups that "match" the season? I do, and I've been so smitten with the glories of spring lately, I couldn't help looking into my tea cabinet for something in pastel florals. What I found was a teacup I'd forgotten about for a while, this green chintz one.

I love the soft pinks and greens of this design, but what I'd never noticed before this week was that …

This backstamp indicates this teacup was made in England! I was quite surprised, because I'm fairly certain I paid less than $10 for this at T.J. Maxx or Marshalls a few years ago, and I have long thought it was one of those newer designs from Gracie's. I still know that it's fairly new, I'm just pleasantly surprised to learn it's from England!

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely find! It's sort of like going shopping in your closet and finding something great that you have overlooked for a while. The teacup definitely is one for Spring! What tea did you sip from it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tina, I had a Pomegranate and Lemon tea. I seem obsessed with fruity teas this week!

      Delete
    2. Sounds yummy!

      Delete
  2. It's lovely and very appropriate for this beautiful spring season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cup is beautiful! Yes, I pick my cup each morning for the season. Isn't it a fun way to greet the day and also enjoy your cups.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not only does my cup have to reflect the season, it also has to complement my outfit. sigh. I was amazed when I realized what I was doing.
    sherry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, that's awesome, Sherry - you definately take tea sippin to an all new level, I am impressed! : - )

      Delete
  5. Soon as I saw your pic of it I thought Gracie too - which are awfully pretty new teacups to be sure. I tend to take the Gracie's outside when I take tea there. My antiques, for the most part, stay used indoors. : - )

    It is a GORGEOUS teacup. I absolutely love chintz, esp light pink and light green together - it's heavenly and that is a gloriously beautiful one to be sure!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cup, love the colors! For me, I've been using my tea cups with the shamrocks on them, perfect for spring!

    Love to see all the trees in bloom - for us, it starts with the Bradford Pear trees, then the cherry blossoms, so pretty. Hope you have a great week, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!