Wednesday, March 9, 2016

A chocolate teapot: yea or nay?


My husband is so good about informing me of tea-related things he comes across in his daily perusal of British news websites. Yesterday, he wanted to be sure I had heard about the "world's first real chocolate teapot." I had not, and perhaps some of you wish to be enlightened as well!

According to this article, the teapot is handmade of 58 percent quality dark chocolate, and it can even be eaten after it is used for sipping. With the addition of hot water and cocoa powder, the teapot can make hot chocolate. The addition of more water can apparently turn the pot into a chocolate fondue.

The teapot is being sold by a company called Firebox (above is a screen grab from the website), which is quoted as calling this teapot "more useful than an ashtray on a motorbike, a waterproof teabag, a glass hammer or mudflaps on a tortoise." Go here if you'd like to read more about it, but don't get too attached—it's available for delivery only in the European Union!

11 comments:

  1. Angela: I just finished Laura Child's new novel and she a nice shout out for your Tea blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Paula! Yes, I was thrilled to be included in her blog list at the end of the book — I must say I feel quite honored to be there! :)

      Delete
  2. It's fun to read about but I don't think I will need one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And yet, the price is listed in dollars. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds interesting! I am leaving for London in a week. I will have to show this to my UK friends.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A novel idea Angela but I don't think I need one. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahah this thing is unreal, I'm really tempted to try it. Doing a write-up about it right now for Tea Perspective and including a mention of your post at the bottom since you introduced me to this really unique teapot :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It just looks messy! :-) My niece would LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It would make an interesting gift for a tea lover. My sister would like it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!