Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Additions to my Christmas chintz collection

Back in December, I blogged about finding this Christmas chintz teapot and tea tray at T.J. Maxx, and I bemoaned the fact I left the sugar and creamer in that same pattern when I had spotted them earlier. (In my defense, I had seen the sugar and creamer before I saw the other pieces, so I had thought it was not wise to buy a sugar and creamer when I had nothing else in that pattern.) Joy read that and remembered me when she was shopping in Chattanooga one day and found the lidded sugar bowl and three luncheon plates on clearance. She went ahead and got them in case I wanted them, and I was so, so happy to receive them on Saturday! I would have been happy to receive them any way I got them, but now I have the happy memory of having tea with Joy that is associated with these teawares as well.

As so often happens when we meet up with tea friends, Joy and I had also brought goodies for each other, and I was quite thrilled with mine. First, to carry on the Christmas theme, a new Santa mug for my collection! I was delighted to receive it, and this face is one of the most well-painted ones I have ever seen. (The maker took care with the eyes, didn't she?) (I'm assuming it was a "she.")

And I was also happy to receive a gorgeous new aqua tea towel, which is now proudly hanging on the stove in my kitchen. Thanks again, Joy, for thinking of me with new Christmas teawares … and such perfect gifts as well!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you liked the mug and tea towel! The Christmas chintz pieces are so pretty and I hope you can find some more of it next year. I love all my goodies, too, but the best gift was finally meeting you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy Joy found the Christmas chintz china for you, and the Santa mug and aqua tea-themed tea towel are perfectly suited to you too. Tea people are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pattern is beautiful. I have been watching ebay for a tea cup in that pattern and have not seen one since before Christmas. Joy is a keeper. Love your new items. Thanks for a great post to look forward to every day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's nice to have a fellow blogger looking our for you and I'm glad you got the extra pieces you wanted Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the tea towel! And it's always wonderful to add to a collection!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finds, Angela, such a pretty pattern. It was meant to be, Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!