Thursday, March 10, 2016

"A Year of Teatime Tales" … is on the way!


I wanted to go ahead and let those of you who have been asking about it know that my book of those "Teatime Tales" from last year is finally becoming a reality!

My friend and book designer, the wonderfully talented Deberah Williams, finished it this week, and I couldn't be more pleased! Those of you who've noted my obsession with blue and aqua over the past year won't be surprised that I went with that choice for the cover. And I was so pleased when Deberah (who seems to know what I want before I know that I want it) decided to add that pretty eyelet border. I loved it immediately, and told her so, weeks ago, but not until this week did I think to ask where she found such a perfect graphic. She didn't. She knew I'd like that and took a picture of eyelet and then manipulated it in Photoshop, of which she is a master.

Writing a book is fun, and working on the design of a book is a different kind of fun. It's so rewarding to finally see all the pieces start coming into place, and I wanted you all to be the first to see it. If you hadn't been so encouraging about my short stories last year, I certainly never would have published this book! (And I'll be giving away a copy as soon as I've examined the proof and determined we're good to go, so watch this page for a giveaway soon!)



22 comments:

  1. I so enjoyed the year of stories! Happy to see it coming to book form. Please keep us posted on when and where it will be available for purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited for you Angela. Looking forward to ordering your book. Congratulations. Margie in CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Angela! This is going to be wonderful addition to your tea book repertoire. Looking forward to its publication and to those (I hope) that will follow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a beautiful cover! I love the eyelet border. I enjoyed the weekly stories and will be delighted to have them in this collection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lovely! This is real this time right, no April fools joke? Can't wait to have a copy. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'd forgotten all about last year's April Fool's joke, Frances, so this made me smile! (And yes, it's absolutely for real this time.)

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! Definitely a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Angela, I am so proud of you, and I hope you know how much all of us will love this book. Mr. Handsome Husband needs to do something special for you because of this. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looking forward to adding this to my special tea themed book shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! The cover is absolutely perfect! Definitely something to look forward to adding to my library of tea readings.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely gorgeous!!! How exciting!!!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice to see your work to the point of being published.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations, Angela! Love the cover! I'm looking forward to ordering a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I truly love the cover and the teacups...so delightfully 'teatime and feminine'.....great combination Angela.....
    Also good for you for persuing your idea to put the stories in a book.
    May you be blessed.
    Sylvia Faye

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful wonderful wonderful! Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Angela! I hope that we'll be able to get autographed copies of the book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations, Angela - this is wonderful news. I am so happy for you and wish you continued success. The cover is gorgeous, suitable for framing! All the best to you, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations. So excited for you, Angela.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gratz Angela. Your theme is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!