Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Pique Tea Crystals

Pique Tea Crystals recently sent me some of their new tea to try, and I was intrigued because, one, this is a new type of tea product, and two, the company sources its tea from Tea Master Roy Fong, the noted San Francisco tea purveyor.

Here is what the English Breakfast Tea looked like when I poured it out of the packet.

And here is what the steeped tea looked like. (That reflection in the spoon is from an overhead light fixture, not anything in the tea!) I was impressed that no floating particles appeared as I have seen in other forms of instant tea over the years. Best of all, this tea tastes *exactly* like steeped loose leaf tea. According to founder Simon Cheng, "After scouring the world in search of the best tea farms, tea masters and tea makers, we developed a way to brew loose leaf tea and then crystallize it. We work with our Tea Master, Roy Fong to source the best leaves from trusted farms, brew the leaves at exactly the right temperature and right time (so you don’t have to), then remove the leaves and distill that brew into Tea Crystals. Now all you have to do is add water and voila! You have exceptional tea in an instant."

And here's what the steeped sencha looked like, also nice and clean in looks as well as taste. I must say I was impressed that these tea crystals tasted just like loose leaf tea, right down to the nice mouth feel I detected upon finishing my cup of sencha. If you'd like to learn more about Pique Tea Crystals, click here.



6 comments:

  1. I haven't tried these yet but I'm looking forward to doing so. I'm enjoying a cup of "Touch Organic" white tea this morning, a friend from church shared it with me and it's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool! So glad to know...would be great for travel!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I agree with Ruth about traveling with tea. Still love my standard loose leaf, but then I have never been an instant girl for anything.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds better than some other brands of instant tea. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, I'll be a monkey's uncle (well, er, AUNT, I guess!)

    Well, golly, who knew? The last time I tried instant tea was blecky horrible stuff my auntie Phyllis used to make sometimes. (shudder at the memory of it.)

    Thanks for letting us know there is something else much better out there now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is good news, Angela, an 'instant' tea that doesn't taste 'instant!' I'm going to check that link, thank you. Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!