Monday, December 22, 2014

Christmas playtime and the Waterlogue app!

Oh, have I ever been looking forward to this week! Not only is it Christmas week, but also it's a week of some much-needed downtime. Over the weekend, I celebrated by finally purchasing the Waterlogue app that my friend Judith wrote about on her blog earlier this year. When I searched her blog to see when she first wrote about it, I was astonished that she first mentioned this way back in the spring! This wonderful app turns your photos into artwork, and I am astonished at how beautiful the results are. I really feel as if I've just been given the greatest new toy, and the iPad app was only $2.99. As I told my husband, I had $2.99 worth of fun within the first hour of using it! Just to give you an idea of how simple this is, click here to see this original photo. All I did was open it in the Waterlogue app, and I played around with the various styles and chose "Illustration" for this one.

Here, I took a photo of the vintage teacup I received from Michele last week, using as a "napkin" the candy cane vintage hanky I received from Bernideen. I didn't bother lightening the photo or doing any of the things I normally do, I just let the Waterlogue app do its magic, and I chose the "Travelogue" style for this one. (I may end up photographing my own Christmas cards next year!)

Finally, I thought I'd take a photo of two Christmas teabags and see how they would look. I received both of these samples from tea friends, the White Christmas Tea from Stash Tea from Margaret, the Harney and Sons Holiday Tea from Michele. Using the "Color Bloom" style, this is how it turned out, and I just love it. So as you can tell I've got a little more free time on my hands this week. I plan to catch up on blogs, play with my new app, read and … take a nap! What does your week have in store?

12 comments:

  1. That does look like a fun app! Enjoy your down time (mine starts in 2 more days!) and have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I really thought these were water color paintings. Great app. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great fun and created photos Angela. Next will be playing with PicMonkey to make addictive collages so you can link to Mosaic Monday. :-)
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Turned out great! Love this Angela!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have absolutely adored the Waterlogue App since it came out, but I don't use an iPad - an iPhone yes but not the pad. Can't wait till PicMonkey figures it out and makes one I can use!
    Your photos are neat that way!!!

    Enjoy your week - I hope to get a home tour before Christmas is over - I have had it decorated since Thanksgiving with not a moment or sunny day to devote to it. Better late than never I guess, huh?

    I didn't do one last year and this year I started early and it still kept me from doing it. So sad.

    Have a wonderful week/ hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like so much fun! Lovely teacup painting! I need to try it too! Thank you -- and have a wonderful holiday season - Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been thinking of getting it...what I have seen with it is wonderful!. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a cool app! Too bad that Waterlogue isn't available for Android operating systems. Glad to see that the white tea made it across the border. I'm now officially on Christmas break and plan to use my downtime to catch up on my reading and finish the final season of Breaking Bad.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hummmm? Wishing I had a smart photo with this app. I don't usually look at apps because I don't have the phone, but wondering if I could put it on my computer. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a pre-installed ap on my Samsung Galaxy Note2, called Paper Artist, that go do similar things. I never realized until today, you have to rub your finger or stylus over the screen to change the effects once you select your desired style. Fun stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!