Sunday, November 9, 2008

M is for ... Matthew!


For some while now, I've heard what I assumed was the urban legend of Italian restaurants whose Eggplant Parmigiana is said to prompt expectant moms to go into labor. All I know is, my sister Rhonda went to some Italian restaurant in Douglasville on Friday night and got the Eggplant Parmigiana, and at 8:03 the next morning she delivered baby Matthew, the latest delightful addition to our family! So he was born on the 8th at 8:03 a.m. and weighed exactly 8 pounds. And all in the same year as the 8-8-08 Olympics, which I think is kinda cool.

Since some of you have been kind enough to ask about my new nephew, I thought I'd post a few photos from yesterday and today. My sister didn't want me to post any of her until she could fix her hair, and since I would no doubt feel the same way in her shoes, I am just posting photos of the kiddos. Here he is with Madison, 12, and Cari, 9, who is glad that she is no longer "the middle child" but instead "next to oldest."

We tend to fight over holding babies in my family, but I did not expect 3-year-old Amelia to latch on to him quite like she has. Yesterday, Madison was holding him and Amelia got progressively insistent about wanting to hold him. "Madison, I need to. I need to, Madison. I need to." When that didn't work, it was, "Madison, I've GOT to hold him. I've GOT to. I do!" At the hospital this morning, I had to ask about three times before she finally gave him up. "Amelia, can I hold him?" "You can in a minute." "Can I hold him NOW?" "In a minute." "Hey Amelia, I'm about to go. Can I hold Matthew?" "In a minute you can." So, clearly I am going to have to work on distracting Amelia or hope that the new wears off soon!



The happy siblings!

15 comments:

  1. Congrats to you, your sister and her family! He is beautiful and will be well-loved by his big sisters, I can tell. There is nothing like little boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Angela, he's beautiful. The family pics are lovely.

    That was funny about the Eggplant Parmigiana. My sister ate a dish with chicken livers the night she went into labour and has not been able to even look at them since.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing with us. He is so adorable. He is going to be spoiled rotten with those doting big sisters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to Matthew's family, and welcome to this world, Little One! He is a cutie, and his sisters seem to love him like crazy, already. Thanks for sharing him with us, Angela. Enjoy him!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings on the newest arrival! Babies are precious... and we all tend to fight over holding them too!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, he's beautiful, Angela! Congratulations to everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations to the family! He is beautiful. What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations are in order on your new handsome nephew! I will have to remember the scoop on the eggplant parmesan, as my son and daughter-in-law just informed us last night that she is pregnant. Who knows if she will need that info in July when she is due? This will be their first baby, so she probably doesn't know about the eggplant trick yet. Thanks for the heads-up, and once again, Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ahhhhh so sweet! happy birthday matthew! xo =Connie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your nephew is just beautiful. How wonderful for him to have three big sisters. Just think, he doesn't have to share his toys and he gets his own room. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for sharin the news and the pics with us. WONDERFUL_GOOD!!!!tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, he is just beautiful! Such a perfect little fellow, content and happy. I love the "8" references...and years ago I did the same thing with our birthdays: Chelle's is 01-08-81, Then John the 3rd on June the 3rd, John Jr. is Christmas eve and you know who the turkey is in the bunch! Congratulations, blessings and love to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That last post was from yours truly... don't know how Bo's name got on there! He used my computer... guess he was logged in!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!