Thursday, November 20, 2008

Sentimental Tea & Toast

Last week I received a gift of two jars of homemade jam, Muscadine and Blueberry, and I was determined not to open them until I had time to bake and partake of a loaf of homemade (bread machine) bread worthy of these treats. Finally I had time this week to bake it, and to hold my delicious breakfast I used a favorite rose pattern tea and toast set that was a gift from the same friend who made the jam. (I can report that Harney's African Autumn Tea goes well with toast and Muscadine jam.)

So, here's the bread and here's the jam. Tell me, is there any better fragrance than fresh bread baking in your kitchen?

I do love pink roses, and I think one reason I so enjoy collecting and using teawares is that so many of them bear the image of my favorite flower. My favorite roses are those full blown cabbage roses, just like the ones depicted on this set. So Spring may be far away, but with a few rosy teawares it's possible to enjoy roses all year long -- and enjoy a tasty treat as well!

11 comments:

  1. Hi Angela. That looks delicious! And what a kind friend you have. Is that Harney & sons tea a red bush tea from south africa? I am not familiar with that one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, it's a rooibos flavored with cranberry and orange, and it is wonderful! If you like rooibos, I highly, highly recommend this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift and definitely worthy of baking homemade bread to enjoy with it. Your tea and toast set is very pretty and I'm sure it really added to your breakfast treat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo, I love African Autumn. I recently brought in a tin to share with my colleagues (whom had never even heard of Rooibus) and it was a BIG HIT. It's a lovely, lovely "tea". Your toast and jam looks delish. Great minds: my post today is about tea and toast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful set. You have very lovely friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the smell of fread baking in the kitchen, too! Your cup and snack plate set is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just adore those tea and toast sets!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your china!

    I'm new to your blog & was afraid you wouldn't see my comment on your tea magazines post so I'm putting it here. But I love the magazine & buy every issue & then some. ;o) I'm alwasy on the look-out for back issues that I have missed. Even though I get every issue, I still enjoy reading about it on blogs. It's always fun when someone shares your likes...plus you get whole 'nother perspective.

    Nice to meet you...I'll be back!

    Although I love it, I think it's mostly fluff. Good for whiling away an hour & inspiring you to dream of your own tea party, what dishes you'll use & what foods you serve. Southern Lady is another good tea magazine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum!! You know you are special when a friend gives you not one but TWO jars of jam! Sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bernideen's TeaTime BlogNovember 21, 2008 at 11:56 AM

    Angela: I really love to see what you up toon your blog...it is such fun...thank you for all your great ideas and continued variety!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where might I order tea and toast sets? I love them but couldn't find the place to order.

    Could you please email to researchdiva@yahoo.com?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!