Friday, November 28, 2008

Turkey Waldorf Salad

Something I've been wondering: Could I substitute turkey and cranberries for the chicken and raisins in my (almost) famous chicken salad recipe I so often serve at tea? Yes, I am pleased to report! So today we'll be eating up some of yesterday's leftover turkey in ...

Turkey Waldorf Salad

Turkey leftovers equivalent to 2 boneless chicken breasts
1 cup grapes, chopped in half
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1/4 cup dried cranberries (instead of raisins)
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
Salt and pepper to taste

Mix all ingredients well and chill, preferably overnight.

And at the last minute, I decided that instead of making a traditional cranberry sauce for our Thanksgiving meal, I'd try the recipe I found in a magazine for Cranberry-Pineapple Minis, a Jell-O fruit salady thing that I really, really liked! Made in cupcake liners, these would be a perfect item for a tea plate, perhaps even in mini-cupcake size. Interested? You can find the recipe here.

6 comments:

  1. Hey Angela,
    Did you go shopping today??? Find any good bargins???? Not even a double dog dare ya coulda got me out today. Mmmmhummm stayed in my cozy nest. Anyway your cranberry salad is beautiful :-)!!!tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know Tammy, I'm with you in that I do *not* go shopping the day after Thanksgiving. They'd have to be giving away antique china tea sets (or maybe tea ROOMS) for me to get out of bed at 4 a.m. and fight for a place in line with the other crazy shoppers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your recipes sound wonderful! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmm....I may try the cranberries tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, that cranberry recipe is going on my list!!! I do love cranberry anything. Thanks Angela. I'll be posting holiday cakes this week- come visit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What great ideas you have!! im
    loving it. Hope your visit my new blog , im moving to summerville, on tues..
    thanks again for your great blog
    and the turkey cakes!!
    kate

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!