Friday, November 21, 2008

Save that new Harney catalog!


Harney does a lot of things right, and I don't mean just producing excellent tea (although that is clearly the most important thing they do right). But they also are a consumer-friendly company, and I love when I get an e-mail letting me know the new catalog is in the mail. Someone in marketing is on her (or his?) toes, and sure enough, that catalog lands in my snail mail box shortly after the announcement in the e-mail box. Nice!

And aside from the usual lovely catalog, which the U.S. Postal Service was kind enough to deliver in mint condition, this one has a feature many of us will appreciate. You know that new Michael Harney book, "The Harney & Sons Guide to Tea," which several of us tea bloggers have written about lately? Well, as I mentioned I want to go through the book next year and sample one tea per week. This particular catalog will make selecting these teas quite easy.


A tiny little graphic from the book's cover appears next to the catalog's teas which are featured in the book. Now wasn't that smart of them? This will be quite helpful to those of us who wish to know which "book teas" are available for purchase. The catalog notes, "While not all 56 teas are available currently in our catalog, due to variables in tea gardens, growing seasons, and availability, we've tried to offer as many as possible." So, if you've got the book, you will want to make sure you keep this catalog handy!

4 comments:

  1. Yeah! Can't wait to get my copy of the catalog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ordered a catalog today and put the Harney & Sons tea book on my Christmas wish list. Thanks for the tip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever folk indeed! And it's a piece of artwork in itself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I received my catalog today and it is a beautiful publication full of lots of great products and information!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!