Wednesday, January 31, 2024

The March/April 2024 issue of Victoria Magazine


I am so glad I subscribed to Victoria magazine last year, because recent issues have been so, so lovely! The soft color palette on the March/April issue's cover immediately caught my eye when it arrived Saturday, and I was just about to read it around 8:30 p.m. when the power went out! There was no storm, the rain had stopped, and the EMC said they had been notified of the outage. Our entire street was dark, so we knew it wasn't just us. An hour passed, so I read a book on my Kindle. Another hour passed, and I read some more. The third hour? I turned on the flashlight app on my iPhone and read this magazine! (The power finally came back on after midnight, and we never learned what the problem was.)


And the magazine is even prettier in the daylight, it turns out, and it's such a tea-ish issue! Look at this gorgeous cherry blossom-themed table with that pretty pink Mottahedeh china.


And oh, these soft blues! Is there any more soothing color than a pale blue?


And if you are thinking this is a dessert cake, you would be wrong! It's actually a savory treat, a Scandinavian Sandwich Cake—the fillings include egg salad and shrimp salad—and I think it is so clever that it's designed to look like a beautiful floral-bedecked cake. But if you'll note, the "flowers" are thinly sliced smoked salmon, and the foliage stems are peas! This was such an enjoyable issue to read, and some of you may wish to look for it, too, if you don't already subscribe.

4 comments:

  1. That ”cake” is amazing. Lots of pretty things in this issue, for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'm really looking forward to receiving that issue of "Victoria" in the mail! I've had Scandinavian sandwich cakes before, but they were always in the more traditional oblong loaf shape. That one with the salmon and pea decorations is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Scandinavian Sandwich Cake is so pretty and a cleaver idea. I will have to look for this issue.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!