Monday, January 15, 2024

A new kind of glass teapot!


My niece Madison turned 28 on Saturday, and yesterday after church, the family met up at her mom's house for her birthday party. My sister made some tasty Mexican casseroles and salad and chips, and Daddy made a strawberry cake at Madison's request. From left are my sister, Rhonda, and nieces Cari, Madison, and Amelia.


But the surprise for me was that my Christmas gift had arrived! Madison told me on Christmas Day that she'd ordered something for me and it would be late. She asked if I wanted to know what it was, and I told her that no, I'd like to be surprised. Well, the gift finally arrived, and it was this new teapot and some new teas, which I'll share later once I've tried them.


I had a small glass teapot years ago but think I must have broken it, so I was quite happy to receive a nice big new one, but what surprised me is that this teapot (minus the glass insert) can be used on the stovetop. The teapot is dishwasher, microwave, and stovetop safe, and that's definitely a new type of glass teapot to me!


Of course, the real beauty of a glass teapot is that you can see those pretty blooming teas as they steep. I haven't had one of these teas in years, so again, I was delighted to be sipping this tasty Rising Spring tea flower with its refreshing jasmine flavor. I do believe this is the first time I've ever gone to someone else's birthday party and left with a gift for me! (And I kinda liked it.)

4 comments:

  1. That "tea flower" really does look beautiful in your new glass teapot! It was certainly fun that you got a present yourself at Madison's birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stovetop safe! That's amazing - what a wonderful gift! And a very Happy Birthday to your niece Madison.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love watching tea in glass teapots. That is great that it can be used on the stovetop.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!