Monday, January 22, 2024

Some special snack sets that arrived from Arkansas!


My friend Melissa and I have known each other for more than thirty years now, and back when we were single, I sometimes traveled home with her to Arkansas to see her parents. I immediately hit it off with her mother, Elizabeth, who took me to my first tearoom, the Crumpet Tea Room, and who loves antiques as much as I do. Elizabeth has long collected beautiful pink Depression glass and has always told me, “Now Angela, when I go, don’t let Melissa sell all this for a quarter apiece at a yard sale.” I have assured her I won’t. So when Elizabeth sent word that she was sending Melissa home from a recent trip to Arkansas with something for me, I knew it definitely wasn’t her prized pink glassware, but I did suspect it would be something lovely. And it was!


As longtime readers know, I have collected snack sets for many years, and frankly, there just don’t tend to be many of the vintages ones that I haven’t seen before. Yet I sure hadn’t seen any like these that Melissa presented me with this weekend!


Made by Lefton, these snack sets are unusual in that each set is a different color, and the inside of the cup and the inside of the indentation feature the same pastel color of the teacup's flowers! I am quite smitten with these beautiful pieces and immediately made room for them in my kitchen cupboard.


Each set is so pretty. The pink is my favorite, but I also think the blue set is dreamy.


Then again, the yellow one seems perfect for using at Easter.


And this one with both pink and yellow roses has highlights of mint green that bring out the color of the leaves.


Some of the pieces even have the original Lefton sticker on them. Can you imagine how excited I was to receive these snack sets? My friend Melissa, bless her, is not a fan of teatime and tea wares at all, so I think Elizabeth and I both were quite relieved when this china made it safely into my hot little hands here in Georgia. My favorite tea wares will always be those that came from dear friends, and I am so tickled to have received these from my vintage-loving friend in Arkansas!

6 comments:

  1. Those sets are so lovely! I certainly share your excitement Angela- that blue! The pink! And the multi...how can you choose a favourite?!? Congratulations 🎉 -Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful! I love that each set is a different color. What a great surprise gift from a lovely lady. (I know she is because she likes tea shops, antiques, and pink Depression glass!) 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely surprise gift! Perfect for Easter! Frances

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't those pretty! And so unusual. You are really lucky to have friends who remember what you like.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a most delightful gift! I too, love all things vintage and pretty! You will always enjoy this lovely set and think of your lovely friends when you see or use them. Looking forward to seeing them again in one of your posts. Happy new week, V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are so pretty! What a lovely gift.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!