Friday, January 5, 2024

Winter whites and tea lights


A few years ago, Alex commented on how he missed all the cheerful Christmas decorations once I took them down for the year. I agreed, and ever since, I've made an effort to keep some "winter decorations" up to add more light and keep things looking cheerful during these colder, grayer months. The tea trolley got an all-white makeover, and it was a great place to use the tree-shaped rosemary plant I found at the grocery store in December.


Thanks to a thrift store find last fall, I now have four cream-colored teacups on this rack.


I've had this Wedgwood tea light holder for years now, and it remains one of my favorite wintertime decorations.


The metal teacup tea light holder here was a fifty-cent thrift store find.


Last month, this white ceramic tree was on the tea trolley and had colored lights. Now, it's in the living room and has blue and white lights.


I found these vintage ones on Etsy last year, and they're now a happy part of my after-Christmas decor.


And this white tea set seems very happy enjoying its place in the sun. (The new snowflake tablecloth was on clearance for $7 at T.J. Maxx the other day, and I thought it was perfect.) Do you decorate for winter? And are any of you, like me, residents of warmer climes yet still hoping for some snow?



7 comments:

  1. Lovely winter white decor! I do decorate for this post Christmas season, with pine cone/evergreen tea cups I’ve thrifted, and other outdoorsy/north woods items. Here in the north, we are also waiting, waiting, for snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I especially like the lights on your white tree. I started taking down my Christmas decor today but I will leave a flocked white tree with white lights at the top of my stairs through February because I like the extra light in these dark evenings. And I decorate with a few snowmen during January.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I like the lights on your tree. I keep the snowflake Christmas decorations out during winter. I was hoping we would see snow this weekend but it seems rain will be all we see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your January decorations are so nice--subtle and very cozy. I still have my Christmas decorations up, and won't take them down for a while. Tomorrow (January 6) is Epiphany, the Twelfth Day of Christmas, Three Kings Day, and is often called "Old Christmas," since that's when Christmas was by our older calendar (the Julian calendar).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love the winter white decorations. I keep out whites too…vintage Santa’s, snowmen, etc. No snow here in Southern California….we have to travel an hour up to the local mountains for snow….already a ton there….funny weather this year. That tree and how you’ve adorned it is SO lovely….thanks for sharing. Enjoy and hope you get some snow! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES, YES, YES!!!! ALWAYS HOPING FOR SNOW!!!!!!!! ALWAYS!!!!! :)
    Susan in NC

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!