Wednesday, January 24, 2024

Sampling new teas from Taylors of Harrogate


I've been sipping loose teas from Taylors of Harrogate for years, usually purchased at tearooms or found in the wild (at T.J. Maxx). This week, I'm sampling some of their teas in tea bag form thanks to a much-appreciated Christmas gift from my niece Madison!


The packaging is lovely, and even the inside is elegant, which isn't unexpected since Taylors is a name I associate with quality. I'm delighted to have all of these new teas to try. Can you guess which two I sampled first?


I always start with the flavors I haven't had lately, and in this case, that meant the Assam (a brisk blend that was perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up) and the Lemon & Orange, a bright, citrusy flavor that I sure enjoyed sampling on a chilly winter evening.


Also, I'd not noticed before that they have a Royal Warrant as tea supplier to the Prince of Wales, noted by the little feather icon at the top of the tea bags, and now I'm wondering if that's the new Prince of Wales or the old one! 

5 comments:

  1. What a nice gift! I’m sure they are delicious. I wonder which Prince, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy. If your weather today is like ours, cool and rainy, I hope you are sipping a cup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful gift. I also have picked up this brand at my local TJ Maxx. The green tea with jasmine is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. After doing some on-line research, I think that the Royal Warrant that Taylors of Harrogate has from the Prince of Wales is from when Charles held that title. From a "Great Britain News" website article last month (Dec. 29): "The monarch decides who grants royal warrants--Prince Philip and Charles when he held the title of the Prince of Wales had the power alongside Queen Elizabeth II. Currently, just King Charles has the power but he may grant Queen Camilla and Prince William similar roles to the ones held by Prince Philip and himself under the late Queen."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing that info, Vernona! How interesting that only the King has that power at the moment. Side note: I was editing a book this week in which the author referred to "the Queen's English," and I noted that I suppose we should say "the King's English" now, even though that sounds a little odd to my ear. Funny, the things you have to consider with a new (ish) monarch.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!