Wednesday, January 10, 2024

A thoughtful tea-themed Christmas gift


Last year, my friend Susan got to make a "bucket list" trip to Paris, and she brought me back this gorgeous tote bag as part of my Christmas gift, which also included two wonderful books on tea gardening.


Isn't this design delightful? I absolutely love it and plan to really "baby" this bag so it will last a long, long time!


I'm also excited about using these gardening books to up my game with tea gardening this year!


The tea plant in my backyard has gotten way too big, so I hope to figure out how best to prune it and propagate other plants from it. On these gray, rainy days of winter, I just love reading gardening books. If we can't play in the garden right now, at least we can be armchair gardeners for a while! 

3 comments:

  1. The tote is perfect for you, and who knew there were books about growing your own tea garden? Not I! But there again, they are perfect for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a beautiful bag! And good luck in growing your own tea! I see that the organization that produced your new "Grow Your Own Tea" book is located in Chapel Hill, North Carolina (where my sister lives). It's the Camellia Forest Tea Gardens, and they provide a lot of help to people who want to grow their own tea. So I'm sure that their book will be helpful to you about pruning your tea plant, and you can also get information from their website.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gift. I can't wait to see what you grow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!