Friday, January 12, 2024

Signs of spring …



I'm not feeling too great about our chances of seeing any snow here in my part of Georgia this year, so for that reason, I'm ready to go ahead and skip to spring. And the Spring 2024 issue of Country Sampler magazine has me thinking about spring even more!


The reason I bought this issue was that I'd seen on Instagram that they had a feature on vintage valentines, and of course I love Valentine's Day and enjoy decorating for it each year. Now I've got my eye out for a vintage striped cup like that red-and-white one in the photo at right.


Another clever idea? I loved how this woman used a vintage transferware platter to display her cameos. Stunning!


But my favorite idea in the whole issue wasn't even related to Valentine's Day at all. It was this glass cloche highlighting a stack of vintage chintz teacups, and you can bet I'll be recreating this design come spring!

4 comments:

  1. I like that idea of using a teacup to make a little birds' nest and put eggs in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fun magazine. I'm still holding out hope we see some snow this year. I think it's been 700something days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!