Wednesday, January 3, 2024

The first new tea of 2024 …


New Year's Day found me at the T.J. Maxx/HomeGoods store in Peachtree City, where I enjoyed using some gift certificates and browsing for items without the mad rush of holiday shoppers. I found a snowflake tablecloth for my January decor, some new rose prints for the house, and my first tea purchase of the year, this Raspberry Truffle flavor of Pinky Up tea.


This tea contains yerba mate, roasted elderberry, white chocolate pieces, almond, strawberry leaves, blueberry, raspberry pieces, natural and artificial flavoring, and stevia extract.


I like yerba mate and haven't had any in a while. I come across the Pinky Up brand in gift shops sometimes, usually for around $15 or so, but this tin was just $4.99 at T.J. Maxx, and I'm glad I found it, because this tea is such a delightful blend of flavors: the distinctive taste of the yerba mate and the sweetness of the fruit flavors and chocolate. This is definitely a dessert tea, and it was a great way to kick off "the year in tea."

On another note, thank you so much for your kind comments and emails about the passing of Aunt Jane. Her funeral was yesterday, and while it was a sad time for our family, we are comforted by the fact we will see her again in Heaven and by the thought that her body (and even her mind, this time!) is now whole. And here's something only you tea friends will appreciate. My sister's husband is also a pastor, and a lady at their church had offered to host our family for lunch after the service, so we headed to a charming little antique shop and restaurant that's quite close to the cemetery. It looked like a lot of tearooms I've been to over the years, and even my nieces commented that Jane would have found this quite "fancy," and it seemed a fitting way to mark her homegoing. Now … here's to a brighter 2024!

6 comments:

  1. Ooh, that tea sounds wonderful. I love raspberry anyway. I might have to ride over to Blue Ridge to see if that TJMaxx has any. I'm glad you were able to visit an appropriately “fancy” place after Aunt Jane's service. I'm sure she approved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you all could have pleasant thoughts about Aunt Jane at the luncheon in her memory at the nice "tearoom."

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mentioned that you didn't have hot tea until you were an adult. When I was growing up hot tea was for when you were sick. Usually made with sugar and a little milk. Tea was a Lipton tea bag-there were no other options.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a great price for Pinky Up tea. I've seen it sold at hair salons and places like that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Does the pronunciation of "mate" rhyme with "Kate," or what?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also written as "maté" sometimes, and it's pronounced "yur-buh MAH-tay." (That's my effort at phonetics, anyway!)

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!