Thursday, May 14, 2015

Harrods English Afternoon Tea

One day last week, my husband I rode over to Pine Mountain, and while I was browsing in one gift store, he went in another and came out with a box of this English Afternoon Tea from Harrods, the legendary department store in London. How curious to find their tea for sale in Pine Mountain!

I was happy to find the box contains individually-wrapped bags since a) I think they keep the tea fresher and b) I save old teabag wrappers for crafting purposes!

And don't you love the artwork on the box? The tea itself, by the way, is precisely what I'd hoped for, a brisk blend that's stronger than we usually get here in the U.S., but steeped for just 3 minutes, it's precisely the strength I like. A year ago this month I was actually visiting Harrods, so it was lovely to find "a taste of Harrods" (literally!) in my own backyard.

12 comments:

  1. As the British would say, "Lovely!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun to find Harrod's tea in Pine Mountain!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lucky You enjoy !!!!! You never know what you will find on a shopping trip !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine finding Harrods tea....but a great discovery! All of mine that our daughter brought back from Europe is gone but I'm reusing the nice tins for other teas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am always learning something new from you. I would not have thought to keep tea bag wrappers for crafting! I love you used your new cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me too.....I love to repurpose/recycle as much as I can store - now I need to add pretty tea bags to my list! Nice find!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So lucky to find Harrods tea so close to home! We didnt go there this time, only to Fortnum and Mason this trip. We just had tea in York at the famous Betty's tea room. Next stop Betty's in Harrogate!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Serendipity, my dear!

    What a sweet hubby to surprise you with that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great find! I'm sure the tea is wonderful. Would love to see at some time what you do craft-wise with tea wrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a pleasant surprise to find. And a great way to remember your last year's trip.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!