Friday, May 29, 2015

Arnold Palmer's Half & Half with Sweet Tea and Pink Lemonade

It's almost National Iced Tea Month, and I decided to get a head start on the celebration by trying something I spotted at Ingle's last week, this Arnold Palmer Half & Half made with Sweet Tea and Pink Lemonade.

My dad is a golfer, so I definitely grew up knowing who the golfer Arnold Palmer was, although it wasn't until much later in life that I heard of the drink Arnold Palmer, a half-tea, half-lemonade concoction that I generally like. I've enjoyed other flavors of Arnold Palmer tea beverages in the plastic jug and in tea-stick form, but this canned one, alas, has that strange metallic aftertaste I sometimes find with RTD (ready to drink) teas.

And I so wanted to like this one because of the cute pink pull tab on the can. Oh well, I imagine there will be lots more new iced teas in my future this year!

8 comments:

  1. What a disappointment, it sounds like it would be good! But while I haven't tried a canned tea, I don't like the metallic taste of lemonade in a can, either. I will stick to glass or plastic - or make my own, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Canned RTDs are not my thing. But, Austin drinks this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the review, I will skip the RTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too bad about the aftertaste! I also like the drink.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Arnold Palmers - my daughter turned me onto them years ago and I thought the taste was so unique and refreshing. We just make them, didn't realize they could be purchased like that.

    Have a wonderful weekend, my friend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the heads up on National Iced Tea Month. I am making 3 gallons of it today for a party tomorrow. I usually just make Red Rose Black Tea. I don't even feel tempted to buy RTD teas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I might have bought the Arnold Palmer tea for the pink tab and saved it as a picture hanger, but I won't bother now that I have read your review. I am not much for mixing anything in my tea. A friend here mixes fruit drinks into her iced tea which is not a favorite of mine either. Thanks for the heads up on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love iced tea - always had it as a child and still enjoy it very much -- all year long! I too am not a fan of too many bottled, canned, or ready made teas -- but this can & tab sure looks fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!