Monday, January 30, 2023

Pink Pepper Citron Black Tea from Biron Herbal Teas

On Saturday, Alex joined me for a trip to nearby Pine Mountain. This tourism hot spot is known to most as the home of Callaway Gardens, site of the state's most glorious azaleas in the spring, but this time, we were there to eat some barbecue and check out the antique shops. While we were there, I came across some new-to-me tea in a coffee shop. These tall, thin canisters of tea immediately caught my eye, and as a fan of pepper in just about anything, I decided to try the Pink Pepper Citron Black Tea.

This black tea is flavored with lemongrass and orange as well as pink pepper, ginger, and cardamom, and that's a combination I'd not seen before. The citrus flavors were subtle and paired nicely with the slightly peppery taste from the pink pepper and other spices, making this a fun new tea and one I'm glad I took home with me.

"Biron Herbal Teas," the tin said. That was a name I'd not heard of before, and a closer look revealed …

This tea is from right here in Georgia—Macon, Georgia, to be precise. I loved knowing this tea came from my home state, and that got me to wondering … have you ever sipped a tea made by a tea purveyor in *your* home state? And if so, do you recommend them? I'd love to know!







 

7 comments:

  1. Charleston Tea Plantation
    Wadlamaw Island, SC

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is very neat. Was the tea actually grown in GA or just assembled in GA? I don't think there are any teas grown in my state.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's great that that tea company is actually from Georgia! The tin is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Asheville Tea Company here in western NC has a really nice variety of teas, all "farm to teacup!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have promptly ordered the Mississippi Tea - Black Magnolia and Sunshine - when the (local) Camellia sinensis teahouse offered it in September. Back in 2020, I offered myself a true locally grown tea: Westholme (BC Canada) was celebrating its 10th anniversary. Kris

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I would never have thought to put those flavors together but I'd be willing to try it. I don't think I've ever seen any teas from our home state before, so that would certainly be a selling point for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see I'm anonymous again - this is Joy B.

      Delete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!