Wednesday, January 18, 2023

A new tea cozy for Valentine's Day


Earlier this month, I saw on Facebook that my friend Bernideen had added some valentine’s tea cozies to her Etsy shop, and I knew immediately that I had to have one! I received one of her lovely, well-made cozies as a gift from her several years ago, and the quality is outstanding. She obviously uses thick batting between the layers, and her stitching is beautiful, something I admire since I don’t machine stitch and only hand stitch, meaning I rarely finish anything new. When the cozy arrived, I of course had to try it out on a teapot, and it was a perfect fit. I love this fabric!


And here’s how it looked flat when it arrived (still pretty!).


I don’t know where she found this charming vintage valentine print, but I probably would have bought the yardage then been too afraid to cut it. It was so much more rewarding to get a finished cozy that’s ready to roll! If you’d like to see more of the cozies in Bernideen’s Etsy shop, which come in a variety of colors and sizes, click here. (And she didn’t ask me to write this. I’m just a very happy customer!)

5 comments:

  1. Angela - The tie goes on the handle side - just remove and put back on the opposite and feel free to delete this! Also, it looks really cute and thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty! Thanks for sharing Bernideen's link.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a perfect tea cozy to use for the whole month of February!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's lovely and I know you'll enjoy using it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bernideen always picks to prettiest fabrics for her tea cozies. This is a good one.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!