Monday, January 9, 2023

Tea wares, light, and winter white


You know how some people choose a word of the year? I don’t guess I’ve ever done that before, but this year, it seems that a word has chosen me. Early in the new year, I started noticing "light" and the absence of light. Alex and I both greatly missed the bright white lights of our Christmas tree, so I purchased a floor lamp for the corner where the tree once stood, and that did the trick. Naturally, I had to add a teacup to the scene!


I use my cream-colored ceramic Christmas tree on into January by adding clear and frosty-blue vintage lights. The pretty new dough bowl candle was a Christmas gift from a friend.


Several times last week, I found myself noticing how pretty the sunlight was when shining on my tea wares, like this teapot and two teacup-shaped votive holders. 


Tea wares always end up in my decor simply because they’re so plentiful, like this winter white teapot on the mantel.


Near it is a porcelain votive cup that a dear friend gave me years ago. The candle glow really makes it come alive!


And yet another cozy candle, the Southern Sweet Tea one that was a gift from my friend Joy, is on my winter white tea trolley. I think I see a theme, and maybe it's that friends truly do help light up our lives!

7 comments:

  1. One of the things I enjoy most about Christmas decorations is the lights - so I'm always sad when I turn off the tree and pack everything away. I love your white ceramic tree with its winter lights and I enjoyed seeing all your "light and white" decor. I'm keeping a few white lights on through the winter months, too - they make cold and dreary days much more cheerful for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love, love that you have a word this year. Light is a good one. I also love all the white, including your new lamp. What a good idea to put a lamp in the spot that had the tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your January things are so pretty! And "light" really is a good word for January, since we can now start noticing that we have more day-light in the evenings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely word for the year, love your white tree and all your decorations….lights up the winter evenings, charming….thanks for sharing. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your array of winter white collectibles is calming and soothing. We awoke to a beautiful dusting of snow yesterday morning, a winter wonderland. It definitely brightened the brown winter landscape we have outside, albeit for a short time. Love all your treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything looks sweet and lovely! Great designing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!