Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Valentine's Month is here!


The decorating is not finished, but I recently had a wild idea that I should do some valentine decor in the kitchen, so the vintage Christmas cabinet has now become a vintage valentines cabinet!

I didn't think I had enough old red stuff that wasn't Christmas-related, but the idea caught on after I came across this apron at a local antique mall. (The design is printed, so it's not vintage, but hey, it has "the look.")

I've wanted a vintage wedding cake topper for years, and this is the first one I've ever found at an antique mall. (They don't look too happy, though, do they?)

The teapot and teacups are new-ish, but my late mom gave me the teapot, and I found the teacups. A sweet memory!

Valentine candy boxes. Oh, how I love them!

This is my newest one. I believe it dates to the forties, and it is about two inches thick, so I'm guessing it once contained a double layer of chocolates!

And I happened to have a tea towel with red and pink, so it got included too. Soon, I'll be sharing some of my tea-themed valentines old and new. Do any of you decorate for Valentine's Day/Month?



12 comments:

  1. Looks wonderful! I especially love the teapot and teacups with hearts. I do set my dining table to celebrate Valentine’s Day (pink and white this year) and hang little hearts on my tabletop tree in my enter hall. Enjoy the season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice display of your vintage pieces -- love the floral teacups. I have my late mother's pie safe which is very similar to your vintage cabinet. Thanks, Jan H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you have transformed the cabinet with the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a fun Valentines Cabinet! I usually put up a little Valentine-themed wreath on my door--now I just have to find it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, that looks adorable - very cute. I sold my teaset like that so I will enjoy looking at your's! Very sweet cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely collection of Valentine treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had a business renting tuxedoes. One Saturday afternoon during prom and wedding season in 1988, about 4:00 PM, all the tuxedoes had been picked up, so I went to the antique mall. I found a tiny box holding a bride and groom, about 2" tall. That began a collection of about 70 cake toppers which I now have. The earliest seem to be from the late 1920s. I have ones that are military, some are salt and pepper shakers, and some are "before and after." They are pretty on the before side, then they have gained a lot of weight on the after side. I also have a couple before and after a new baby. They both look sleep deprived on the after side. (Sorry, I began a blog, but haven't done anything with it in years.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an interesting collection...if you only knew what the wedding and cake were like! I have my in-laws cake topper. They were married in 1945. I need to find it and display it!

      Delete
  8. I love looking at your collections. Your last post about Valentine's Day inspired me to look - at a local thrift store I found a charming little mug with hearts on it, probably 1970's era...made in Japan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love your Valentine vintage cabinet. I have a few little things, but not much out and about. I actually tied some glass hearts to the branches of a bonsai tree we had in our gardenhouse. Yes, that bride and groom look rather sad.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!