Wednesday, January 4, 2023

A tea set that's ready for spring!

 

If I bought this on the last day of 2022 but didn't unwrap it until the first week of 2023, is this technically my last tea set of the old year or my first tea set of the new year? No matter. T.J. Maxx had these rattan tea sets on clearance over the weekend, and I had to have one.

"For age 3 & up," it says, so I'm good! This is apparently a child's tea set, but I looked at it and saw "planters for spring." Georgia has already had its (only?) freezing temperatures of the winter, so I'm ready for spring. I've been ordering garden catalogs and thinking about our landscape and pondering what I want to grow this year—more mint, for one thing—and pulling out my garden books. Reading them is a favorite task on a drizzly gray day.


I've seen this type of teapot before but not a teacup or teaspoon. With some mini clay pots inside, these would be great for mint or other herbs, and I imagine I can turn the teaspoon into some sort of plant marker. If you're into tea and gardens, too, you may want to check out the clearance "toys" at your local T.J. Maxx!





7 comments:

  1. I think the warning label should say "it will leak" maybe.....would be cute for little plants and big plant in the teapot (in pots that fit of course)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is darling. It made me think of a little child's teapot that I have which my mother received as a child, probably in the late 1920's. The teapot is Japanese and dark blue BUT the handle on it was rattan. Since my mom's death in 2016 the handle deteriorated and fell apart but I still have the teapot in my curio cabinet (which I call my Teapot Cabinet). I do have a question for you though totally off the subject and, hopefully, you have some advice. I have a wonderful Mr. Coffee electric tea kettle which brews loose tea so much better and tastier. The cylinder that the tea goes in is long and cylindrical and I find cleaning the tea leaves out after brewing is a huge challenge. Do you have any suggestions or advice on filters, etc that could work in a tea cylinder? Thanks and I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments, Cheryl, and I'd love to help if I can. Is the challenge getting inside of a narrow area to clean it? If so, I might try one of those narrow bristle brushes that are designed to clean tea kettle spouts. Here's the sort of thing I'm thinking of: https://www.surfasonline.com/products/brush-tea-kettle-spout-brushtech?variant=38026973708487&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic

      Delete
    2. Thanks so much for the suggestion, Angela. I will certainly try this. Yes, the area in question is long and narrow and impossible to get a hand inside. I appreciate your advice.

      Delete
  3. It's always fun to look at seed catalogs and garden books in the middle of winter! I'm sure you WILL find a nice gardening use for those cute rattan tea things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That set is so cute, and I think pots of mint would be the perfect "filler" for it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That set will be so cute with things growing in it. Be sure to share an update this spring/summer.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!