Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Making new tea friends in Atlanta!


On Sunday afternoon, I had the great pleasure of joining friends of Destination Tea for a wonderful time of tea and networking! We gathered at the Temmer Marble showroom in Atlanta, and the decor was so beautiful that someone asked me if they do teas regularly there. (Not to my knowledge, but maybe they should!)


I'm glad I got there a few minutes early to get some photos, because I absolutely loved the mix-and-match place settings of the caterer, Valerie Barendregt of The Cheeky TeaCup. Did I like this teacup best?


Or this one?


Or this one? I finally decided they were all equally lovely and didn't mind which one I used!


Valerie had prepared a fine array of tea sandwiches (chicken salad and cucumber tea sandwiches will always be my favorites), scones, and sweets.


Is there anything more inviting than a treat-laden tea tray? I loved the lacy design of this one!


The amazing tea entrepreneur who brought all of us together for this event was the delightful Angela Renals, whom I first had the pleasure of meeting back in 2018 when we joined our Michigan friends for tea during their tea tour of the South, so it was great fun to get to see her again. I so admire the way she's grown her website for Destination Tea—"the U.S. Afternoon Tea Directory." (If you don't know about it, you will want to check it out here so that you can find a tearoom wherever you may travel.)


And that's merely a sampling of the Sunday fun I had. On Friday, I'll tell you about some of the other tea lovers I met, some new tearooms we Atlanta-area folks need to try, and a milliner who makes the most beautiful fascinators I've ever seen. So please stay tuned!


4 comments:

  1. Oh, that looks so lovely! I'll look forward to hearing more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like such a fun way to spend an afternoon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like such a nice tea! I see that everybody got little jars of Bonne Maman jams/preserves, my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Angela, I love hearing you tell the tale of the party - great pics too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!