Monday, March 14, 2022

World's Easiest London Fog

 


Well, okay, maybe "World's" Easiest London Fog is a slight exaggeration, but it's certainly the easiest one that I've ever made! This story begins when I was in California last month and some website I was visiting showed an Aldi ad one day, and the ad featured some special buys coming in soon, including a cute beige throw pillow that reads "Stay Cozy." Now for someone who writes cozy mysteries, that was a must! As soon as I got home, I went to my local Aldi and got a "Stay Cozy" throw pillow for me, one for a giveaway when I release my next cozy mystery, and while trying to figure out where the pillows were located in a grocery store I rarely visit, I came across this Simply Nature London Fog Tea Latte mix. 


I'm glad I still have a glass tea mug so that I could show you what this mix looks like: just black tea. 


Do you like London Fog drinks, the ones typically made with Earl Grey and steamed milk? I do, but I don't purchase by-the-cup hot teas that often since I have a nice selection of teas at home. This whole carton of mix was just $2.99, which I remember thinking was much less than the cost of a single London Fog at a coffee or tea shop. And it's been cooooooold in Georgia this week. So cold that when I volunteered at a tree giveaway event in downtown Newnan early Saturday morning, there were *snow flurries* while we gave away trees. This Georgia girl does not do well in the cold, so I spent the rest of my weekend thawing out, and this rich London Fog drink was perfect for that.


To make it, you mix equal parts of the concentrate and milk, and you can either heat it on the stovetop or microwave it (I microwaved). So who are my fellow London Fog fans? If you happen to be one, have you tried this mix? I'm a fan, and they have a chai latte mix, too, so I may have to try that one as well. (But sparingly since this drink has 18 grams of sugar per 3/4-cup serving. Still … mmm!)

5 comments:

  1. I just bought that one myself from Aldi but haven not tried it yet. I like to make my own and anyone I make one for loves it. I use Harney and Sons Victorian London Fog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not tried a London Fog yet but I've been wanting to try it, as I love Earl Gray tea. And there's an Aldi coming to our little town, I hear! (It will be a while, they just pulled the permits recently) But I'm glad to know about this anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like your pretty floral glass mug! And your "Stay Cozy" pillow sounds like fun. But I'm not a fan of London Fogs--I don't care for milk in my tea in any form.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the chai mix but didn’t buy it. I’ll look for the London Fog next time I’m at Aldi.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds good and I love that you found the Stay Cozy pillow.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!