Friday, March 18, 2022

This tea is the bomb—really!


When I went to the Destination Tea tea party a few weeks ago, I was delighted when the caterer, The Cheeky TeaCup, gave everyone a tea bomb as a favor to take home. You've probably heard of hot cocoa bombs, right? This is the same idea but with a tea bag enclosed in some type of sweet sugar shell. I had never even heard of such a thing until an exceptionally thoughtful tea-loving friend sent me two in the mail last summer. Alas, the mail carrier had smashed them *and* squeezed them inside a hot, dark mailbox all day, so the sugar shells had both exploded and melted by the time they got to me. Still, I was tickled that a) my friend had thought of me with such a wonderful gift and b) that I learned about a new type of tea experience! So when I got this bomb, I knew to treat it as carefully as a real one!


I made it home with the tea bomb just fine and wanted to cheer when I got it into the teacup without incident!


The moment the boiling water hit the tea bomb, it started melting away, just as it was supposed to.


And the end result was a delightful cup of Earl Grey tea sweetened by whatever tasty sugar shell was used. Have any of you ever had a tea bomb? Or made a tea bomb? I discovered plenty of how-to articles and videos online, but so far, I've resisted buying all the supplies to make these myself!

 

8 comments:

  1. How pretty! That's the perfect "favor" for a tea party. I've seen the chocolate ones but had not seen a tea bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our members of the Mid-Atlantic Tea Business Association held a zoom demonstration on how to make tea bombs. It was enjoyable to see how they are made, but like you, I'm not ready to purchase the molds and everything else needed to create these. They are amazing though, and using a tea bag inside certainly eliminates having tea leaves and more floating around in the cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you, I'm content to be a happy admirer for now! :)

      Delete
  3. I've never even heard of a "tea bomb" before! (I've had one of the hot chocolate bombs and it wasn't very good.) I'm glad your team bomb produced a good cup of tea. It looks like an amusing thing to try, anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the hot chocolate bombs. The one I had was white chocolate flavored but ended up being just a melted, syrupy, gooey mess in my cup!

      Delete
  4. I love this. It’s much more to my liking than hot chocolate bombs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have never heard of this. I am saying "what will they think of next?"
    Crazy! No sweetening in my teas; so I will pass. It is clever though.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!