Friday, October 31, 2008

On Pumpkins & Chocolate


Would you like to hear about the bright idea that *didn't* make it onto the blog this week? It is this: I was going to carve a simple teapot shape into my pumpkin, plop a tealight inside, photograph it at night, and inspire tea lovers everywhere with what a tea lover's jack o'lantern ought to look like. Alas, I could not find a nice round pumpkin with a pretty stem attached (and I inspected lots of them), so I decided I'd do without rather than show you an ugly pumpkin. Fortunately, my sweet mom found me a pumpkin teapot on one of her yard sale jaunts last week, so I am not pumpkinless today after all.

I am also not tea-less today. I was walking down the tea and coffee aisle at Publix earlier this week (pure habit), and I hit the brakes when I saw an elegant looking black package with some new Kalahari Cafe tea, a brand I'd never seen or sipped before. The varieties all looked so decadent I had a hard time deciding on one of these Chocolatte tea varieties, but I finally decided I could wait on the Raspberry Truffle and got the Hazelnut Mocha instead. It was an excellent choice.

Talk about a dessert tea! If you read the ingredient panel, you see "Dark Roasted Cacao" listed just before "Organic Black Tea." This tea also contains cinnamon, licorice (which I didn't detect), chicory, cardamom, ginger, cloves and natural hazelnut flavor. The taste is wonderful, and interestingly enough, it is manufactured by Kalahari USA in Atlanta, just up the road from me. I easily get two steepings from a single teabag, so if you're looking for a nice chocolate flavored black tea, I highly recommend this one. It's going to go quite well with all that candy my workplace is going to be giving away today!

6 comments:

  1. The pumpkin teapot is cute. We have Gary the Snail and ghost carved pumpkins at our house.

    The Kalahari Cafe tea sounds yummy. Just the thing to serve with the after Halloween pumpkin pie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Halloween! I love the teapot and that tea blend sounds darkly divine! (I'm in a halloween spirit today.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate and tea all in one. That's a winner in my book.
    Your pumpkin tea pot is really pretty too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds delicious! And that pumpkin teapot is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I came over from teatime with Melody. I like the pumpkin teapot - very cute!

    Oh, and those apple caramel cookies a few posts down are calling my name. I think some baking is in my future!

    Many sweet blessings. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, that is just the cutest teapot. I want it! Your mom has an eye for tea treasures.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!