Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The new Herb Companion magazine!


For today's post, we must thank the inimitable ParTea Lady, whose tip yesterday led me to search for the November issue of Herb Companion at the grocery store (Lower Fayetteville Road Publix, FWIW).

She had advised that this special 20th anniversary issue of the magazine celebrates tea, and indeed it does! This issue is simply jam-packed with articles about tea, recipes for teatime, and even advertisements from new tea vendors.

I counted at least 10 articles on tea, and they're accompanied by graphics, sidebars, recipes, a tea timeline and more. I can't wait to try some of the recipes (Whole-Grain Scones and Buckwheat Apple Pancakes sound especially good), but there are also "recipes" for beauty treatments, including an English Tea Astringent and Green Tea Skin Soother. I like herbs and have bought several issues of Herb Companion over the years, but this wonderful issue is definitely a keeper!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like this might have both sweet and savory recipes--YUM !tammyp

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a copy of the magazine and are enjoying all the tea content. Let us know how the recipes turn out. I love to see your pics of the finished product.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!