Friday, October 17, 2008

Tea Lover's Chocolates


Checking out with my small stack of tea loot the other day, I sat my purse down next to a display of tins of Tea Lover's Chocolates and held one up, debating. "I think I need this," I said, and when I showed it to my niece Cari and she agreed, I added it to my stack.

Something about this name sounds familiar. Perhaps these "55% cocoa dark chocolate drops best paired with black teas" have been advertised in the tea magazines? They're made by the San Francisco Chocolate Factory, and I love-love-love the design of this tin. If it were an inch or two longer, it would be about the size of the classic children's paint set.

While the $3.99 tin of chocolates is certainly pretty, I must confess I was expecting something rather semi-exotic and wonderful, but these taste exactly like plain old semi-sweet chocolate chips to me. So although I was disappointed in the rather ordinary taste, I'm going to save these for baking and I'll put the cute tin to use for storing craft supplies.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the review - I have seen those before and wondered if they were worth trying. I'll decide based on how much I like the tin (which is cute)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree - thanks for the review! I was planning to order some, but I think I'll wait.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea though, thanks for sharing. I'd buy it based on the tin myself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!