Wednesday, November 29, 2023

Christmas Reflections by Candlelight


I always love to get invited to one of those events where the ladies of a church decorate their own Christmas tables, so I was happy when my friend Kristin invited me to attend Monday night's event hosted by her church, Newnan City Church. It was such a peaceful, soothing evening, with four ladies (including Kristin) each sharing the story of how her relationship with Christ has brought peace and joy to her life, especially in some turbulent times. It was the perfect way to kick off contemplations of the Christmas season—and reason!


Considering the name of the event, I shouldn't have been surprised, yet I was so pleased when I walked in and saw all of the lovely candlelit tables. I'm sorry to say that I didn't have time to get photos of the other tables, but I was busy visiting with friends, and I don't regret that at all!


Kristin's friend Leslie had used some of her own pieces to create an elegant red-and-white candy-cane-looking table. And as much as I love vintage decorations, I have to say that I was quite smitten with the beautiful contemporary pieces used on this table. Along with the candles and fresh greenery and lovely linens, the effect was just so pretty.


This was a dessert event, and we were treated to cookies, brownies, chocolate-covered strawberries, petits fours (my favorite), and other sweet treats, which I enjoyed along with some hot mint-flavored tea!


The music, too, was a delight, and two of my favorite Christmas songs were part of the program: "Mary, Did You Know?" and "O Holy Night." Is a ladies' event or tea on your Christmas schedule? If so, I'd love to hear about it!


4 comments:

  1. I am hosting a table this Friday (with Pfaltzgraff Winterberry & simple red votive candles) and attending a tea at a friend's church on Saturday! Recently the hostesses have used beautiful paper plates on chargers. I love how your friend created a candy cane theme using red and white dishes & decor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that looks like a beautiful event! And those petit fours look wonderful. That's great that there was even live music!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!