Friday, November 10, 2023

Thankful for brunch with my friends!


Does this photo make your mouth water? It does mine! This was the scene yesterday morning when my Bible study group met for brunch to celebrate the end of our fall study! I made a breakfast casserole (the classic one with eggs and sausage), but I have to admit that one of my favorite treats was the broccoli salad at left since I never make it. If it's offered at a restaurant, however, you can bet I'll order it!


We also had lots of great sweets, and while some women opted for coffee, you won't be surprised to hear that this Baptist girl had a mixed drink: lemonade and sweet tea, my own little Arnold Palmer, which was delicious with all these offerings, including some peanut butter fudge that was sooo delicious!


Our church has a facility in downtown Newnan called "The Warehouse" that used to be an old cotton warehouse years ago, and it's used for lots of church events and is a favorite hangout of our teens. Yesterday, we had a great time having brunch and hearing from a dear friend from Newnan who is now a missionary in Japan!


Our Bible study, by the way, was this "Ruth" study by Kelly Minter, and it was fabulous! I love the book of Ruth, and her name is particularly meaningful to me since my daughter-in-law, Naomi, chose the name "Ruth" for granddaughter Bella's middle name. So "Naomi and Ruth" have an extra special meaning to me!



I greatly enjoyed the study as well as the brunch, and I was so *thankful* to kick off the season's celebrations with my Bible study pals!

3 comments:

  1. What a nice way to celebrate the end of your study!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely brunch! I'm glad y'all had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice way to commemorate the end of your Bible study.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!