Wednesday, November 1, 2023

A teapot that'll "be there with bells on"


I sometimes make the mistake of thinking I've seen every teacup- and teapot-shaped gift that exists, and then something like *this* happens. I was leaving my speaking event in Auburn last week when Nancy handed me a small gift bag and said it was a thank-you gift for coming to visit her group. I of course said thank you, but we were all in a whirl with cleanup and book sales and tea chats, so I didn't open it until I got home. I heard a little jangling sound, and since Nancy loves vintage Christmas things like I do, I figured it was probably a Santa or elf bell or something along that line. Imagine my surprise when I got home and discovered I had a leather teapot door hanger featuring actual sleigh bells!


The tag on the gift tells the story, and I was quite enchanted.


And the pretty bells truly do have a distinctive sound. (Mr. Tea With Friends *might* have gotten a wee bit weary of hearing me jangle them, and not much gets on his nerves.) This was one of the most fun "teapot" gifts I've ever received, and I can't wait to decorate with these bells at Christmas!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! I did not know the background of the phrase “be there with bells on” but it makes perfect sense. I wouldn’t wait for Christmas to decorate with these bells, I’d just find a door that doesn’t get opened and closed very often and hang them on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is cute and unique. It will look great during Christmas though I would probably leave it up all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That really is a cute and unusual thank-you gift!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!