Wednesday, March 8, 2023

The joy of a new tea shirt!


Last year, I donated or tossed a bunch of old T-shirts, so when warm temperatures arrived in February this year, I wasn't exactly well-stocked with new T-shirts to wear on my afternoon walks. I decided to browse the offerings when I was in Walmart over the weekend, and I was quite pleased with a cute design I found there for just $14.95!


The large design is on the back of the shirt, and this small design is on the front.


Interestingly, it was only after I'd worn the shirt for the first time that I realized there was a Bible verse reference on the back, Ephesians 2:8. The full verse says, "For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God." I believe with all my heart that salvation is a gift from God (the absolute best gift!), so I was happy to be wearing that verse, although, to be honest, anyone close enough to read it would no doubt be invading my personal space, which probably wouldn't involve me exhibiting a lot of grace—ha!

Do you ever wear T-shirts? If so, do they have graphics on them or not? I wear both kinds, and other than T-shirts I've received when volunteering with various groups, I've probably had more tea-themed T-shirts over the years than any others!

4 comments:

  1. Cute tee! I’m surprised you found it at Walmart. So many tees have graphics I wouldn’t want to advertise. I have two “life is simple “ tees that I do like. I will have to check out Walmart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a nice t-shirt, and you were lucky to find it at Walmart. I must admit that I pretty much ALWAYS wear a t-shirt (I'm retired so I can wear what I want). All of mine have graphics on them--mostly my favorite sports teams (St. Louis Cardinals baseball and Washington Capitals hockey), but also literary ones. Others reflect places I have visited or things I like to do. I have a couple from my Washington National Cathedral, and several in the Irish language (which I study). And I even have a nice, elegant, black Harney & Sons tea-shirt! I always get compliments on that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute shirt. I wear mostly no graphic tshirts except when excerising.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, and perfect for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!