Friday, March 3, 2023

Lipton Salted Caramel Latte Sweetened Tea Mix


"Well, this is different!" That was my first thought upon seeing this Lipton Salted Caramel Latte mix at Kroger the other day. The pouch of tea mix was $4.99, which I feared might result in five not-very-well-spent grocery dollars, but curiosity won out, and I had to try it.


There are directions for both hot and iced lattes, and I went for the hot one, using one of those oversized glass teacups I bought last weekend.


Y'all, this was good! Tea mixes I've bought before tended to produce drinks on the watery side, and perhaps it was because this recipe uses milk (and I used 2% because that's what I had), but this was actually rich and creamy and pretty much equaled any tea latte I've ever ordered in a coffee shop. I was impressed! Another plus: Drinks with "salted" caramel have never given me the "salt" I was looking for, but lo and behold, I got that wee bit of saltiness too. If you haven't come across this mix yet, it's definitely worth trying as a fun tea treat!

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you liked it! You were brave enough to "go for it" when you saw the unusual item in the grocery store, so I'm glad you were rewarded. Plus, you got to use your recently-acquired pretty tea cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like something my husband would like. I'll look for it next week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm…I have some salted caramel teabags which I really like, so I'm not surprised this tasted good to you. I'm glad it did!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!