Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Having a cup of cheer!

One of the old Christmas songs I love is "A Holly Jolly Christmas," preferably the classic Burl Ives version. One of the lines in the song says, "I don't know if there'll be snow, but have a cup of cheer." With temps in the seventies and thunderstorms and flooding, there was no snow in our Georgia forecast, but thanks to my family, I can honestly say I got lots of "cups of cheer" this Christmas. The most meaningful ones were these my husband and I received from grandchildren Bella and Owen. Owen decorated his "Pop's" mug…

And Bella decorated mine with an "A" and symbols of peace, love, and joy. I love these mugs! They came in a gift basket filled with shortbread, coffee for Pop, a cookbook for me, and a gift certificate for both of us to visit a tea room!

The other new tea mug I received was a gift from my husband. While I suspect he gets weary of my correcting the spelling and grammar on the evening news (about which I am not usually silent), I'm grateful he's good-natured about it.

Finally, my other "sipping" gifts came from my sister's family. She asked for some ideas of things I wanted, so I happily directed her to Walmart and the Pioneer Woman's beautiful new teal glassware! Pretty sure I'll be using these to serve iced tea and water in the new year.

And I don't believe I've ever seen glassware that included a mark like this on the bottom. It's nice to know I'll always remember who made (or at least, designed) these glasses! So what tea gifts did you get this year? I always love to hear!




11 comments:

  1. What wonderful Christmas presents! Love the Pioneer Woman goblets, as well as her show on Food Network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love your tea gifts and had to smile at your making comments on grammer on the news. The goblets are such a beautiful color and I could see using those everyday and for special occasions too. No tea gifts here, my family figures I have enough. I did get a cozy robe to wear while sipping my morning tea and a beautiful vintage shawl to wear when going to tea. Does that count? Ha!! Oh and chocolates to nibble with my tea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The mugs your grand kids decorated for you are great. Walmart is not a store I shop at, but I will have to make a trip to see that lovely glassware.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great gifts! Perfect for you. I love those PW teal goblets, wish I had an excuse to but some and the room to store them. I did get a couple of the purple ones. And gifts from grandchildren are so very special. Treasures all! I recoeved a darling Santa teapot from my cousin and found an Old Country Roses Christmas dessert plate at Home Goods to go with the cup and saucer I'd bought a couple of years ago. And I had wonderful visits from family members, which were the best gifts of all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was "buy some" - not but! I need to proofread my posts more closely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gifts. The grandchildren did a great job

    ReplyDelete
  7. A perfect gift for this Christmas, simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your personalized mug is sweet and the grammar mug cracked me up! Also love the pretty colour of your Pioneer Woman glassware.

    I also received numerous teawares for Christmas this year. One of my favourite gifts was a complete surprise. A friend from the States sent me the "Cup of Christmas Tea" which has been on my wish list for years (the pattern doesn't seem as common here in Canada). The thoughtfulness and generosity of fellow teacup lovers are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your grammar mug. It gives me an idea what to give this coming family gathering at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such lovely gifts, Angela - hope your holiday was wonderful! Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such lovely gifts, Angela - hope your holiday was wonderful! Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!