Monday, December 21, 2015

The easiest shortbread ever!

I have made probably a half dozen different shortbread recipes in recent years, but these Shortbread Bites from Good Housekeeping are some of the most delicious bits of shortbread I've ever had! They are incredibly easy, and the recipe is here if you're looking for a fast sweet treat for teatime this week.

Flour, sugar, butter, and colorful nonpareils. If you've got those ingredients on hand, you're good to go.

I popped about five of these things in my mouth within minutes of getting them out of the oven, and I'd probably have eaten more except that I'm saving them for a family visit! I love the way these turned out, and it's occurred to me that by changing the colors of the nonpareils, I could make these for Valentine's Day, St. Patrick's Day, July Fourth, Thanksgiving and more!

4 comments:

  1. Those look so good! Love the bits of color in them. And "easy" is even better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute and festive. Great idea for all kinds of occasions.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angela, I may make these goodies in the next few days. They look so good. I have a Christmas Eve party to take something sweet to. I had planned on fudge and cannot find sweet condensed milk in a can on our little island, so these shortbreads may be what I make. Thanks for sharing this recipe. Blessings, Nancy Carr

    ReplyDelete
  4. With over half of a bottle of sprinkles left, from decorating gingerbread men, I may have to give these a try next year. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!