Thursday, December 10, 2015

A surprise from Canada: Four O'clock Teas

What a delight to open the mail one evening this week and find a lovely Christmas card from Margaret in Canada containing four new holiday blends of tea! Once upon a time, I would have saved these teas and sipped them slowly over time. As I've gotten older, I'm more of the "do it now" school of thought, so I've already tried (and enjoyed) them all!

I love the whimsical designs on these individual tea bags, and I must tell you that I enjoyed each and every one of these tasty dessert teas! I started with Carrot Cake, a nice spicy blend with distinctive nutmeg flavor. Next, I tried the Gingerbread, with subtle (yet not weak) notes of cinnamon and ginger. Then, I enjoyed the rich, smooth taste of the Almond Biscotti blend. And last was my favorite, the Black Forest Cupcake blend which indeed had the great chocolate taste I was hoping for. Thank you, Margaret, for such a lovely and delicious treat! Have any of you tried Four O'Clock Teas before? If so, which ones do you recommend?

7 comments:

  1. I've not tried those but the packaging is darling, and they sound delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a pretty card. I've never tried Four O'Clock tea, but I'll look for it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have not heard of them. I would like the wrapping too. They sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're very welcome, Angela! I'm very glad to hear that you enjoyed these sweet treats in a cup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought that the cute teabag designs were depictions of Canadian winter activities...

      Delete
  5. Margie was the one who got my name for Stephanie's tea cup swap - isn't she a sweetheart of a gal? Oh she totally spoiled me rotten!

    I just have so enjoyed getting to know her a little bit better now - and look forward to lots more of same. ♥

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!