Monday, September 28, 2015

A tea room sighting in Chicago …



Last week, my husband and I spent a night in Chicago while on the way to visit our family in Wisconsin. After we settled into the hotel, we decided to take a stroll from the Grant Park area up to some of the old Chicago department stores I have researched over the years. On our way back, Alex actually spotted this place before I did, and I couldn't believe I'd never heard of it, Russian Tea Time, right there by the Art Institute of Chicago!


Did they serve tea every day? Why yes, yes they did. But it was long after 4:30 by the time we popped by, alas!


Apparently, Russian Tea Time is a legendary restaurant there in Chicago, and I still can't believe I haven't read about this somewhere before. I certainly wish I could have enjoyed afternoon tea there since it was just a short walk from our hotel. If any of you have ever had tea at this tea room, I would dearly love to hear about it before I pass through Chicago the next time!

6 comments:

  1. I have never been to Chicago (except to change planes) but if I visit there, I would love to check out this tearoom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not heard of it, but certainly would want to go if I was in Chicago. Hope you get to visit it on another trip north.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...I'll have to make note of this for the next time I go to Chicago. I was thinking just recently that it would be fun to make a return visit since my last visit was 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This tea room sounds great! I hope you have a chance to visit Chicago again and try it out, Angela. Have a wonderful week, Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay... now you must return during their 'open' hours!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!