Thursday, September 10, 2015

Speaking of transferware …


Many of you have been collecting transferware for years, and while I love it, I have realized I don't actually own very many of these lovely wares. I'm drawn to them when I see them in antique malls or on other blogs, but I've never made transferware a focus of my collecting — although perhaps I should!

I know many lovely ladies who collect transferware, and I was just delighted to discover that one of my favorite authors, Jan Karon of Mitford fame, collects transferware! Click here to read her Facebook post and see some of the pretty dishes she has collected. (Betcha you'll want to collect some, too!)

7 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of transferware AND of Jan Karon so I really enjoyed seeing her post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes......I don't have any either -- but adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have any but they sure are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your photo with the violet, very pretty! My parents had some pieces of transferware (some from my Mom's Mom and some from my Dad's Mom)

    I always remember that these dishes were very special. Whenever I see transferware today, I think of my folks and some of those "holiday dinners," with the special platters, the creamer and the sugar bowl. Thanks for your Inspiration, Angela. Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed seeing Jan Karon's transferware collection. I'm so grateful I finally have a place to display my blue and white transferware on the living room wall unit shelves my hubby built. The blue and white tea and toast set in your photo collage is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do have a small collection of just teacups. I love the ones with scenes on them. What stories they could tell us. I am drawn to over pieces and so very tempted, but try to resist. Where would I put it all?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!