Tuesday, September 29, 2015

A visit to David's Tea

My tea radar must have had dead batteries last week, because my husband actually spotted this tea shop in Chicago, David's Tea, before I did. "You ever heard of David's Tea?" he said. I told him that thanks to my Canadian tea friends, I am very much aware of David's Tea but had not had the privilege of stepping foot in a store before!

They sell some great little travel size tins of tea (two for $15) that were perfect for stowing in a suitcase. They had several varieties of these, and the ones I purchased were the Pumpkin Chai and the Peanut Butter Cup.

I was sold on the Pumpkin Chai because of the cute little orange pumpkins in this blend! This black tea is flavored with cinnamon, cloves, caramel, and the pumpkin candies. I believe it was the cloves I detected in this tea that gave it a different (but enjoyable) taste. Definitely a fun tea to try for fall!

And I was most eager to try this Peanut Butter Cup tea, as I had been wondering if anyone made a tea with peanut butter flavor. Could that possibly work? First, let me just tell you this: imagine drinking a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup. Uh-huh. Quite appealing, isn't it? Interestingly, this tea is actually peanut-free, according to the David's Tea website, and it's flavored mainly with almonds, cocoa beans and chocolate chips. I wish there were a David's Tea close to me, but since they charge just $5 shipping to the US for orders under $50, I think I'm going to be a regular here!

10 comments:

  1. That pumpkin one sounds yummy - I love cloves, I'm sure I'd enjoy it. And the little pumpkins are very cute! I'd have to try the other one to know for sure if I'd want to drink that flavor but I do like Reese's Cups so I'd be willing to try the tea. Your husband has a good eye for tea related places, I think you have trained him well! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David's Teas are fun to visit, so many wonderful fragrances. I once ran into a shop in San Francisco and bought a couple different teas for a tea party I was doing. I do find that their fragrances delight me, but their flavor just doesn't do it justice. Let us know how you liked them. They are definitely unique and intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a David's Tea here in Charlottetown and I'm so glad! I had a cup of Pumpkin Chai this afternoon as a matter of fact. Haven't tried the Reese's Cup. The pumpkin chai and Salted Caramel are my go to favourites. Glad you came across one on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They both sound like they would be good. I want to try the pumpkin chai, ingredients are perfect for this time of year. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad that a David's Tea store crossed your paths during your travels! One of the things I like about their stores is that you can order any amount you want and don't have to commit to the standard 50g or 100g packages. I also purchased Pumpkin Chai and Peanut Butter Cup at my latest visit. The Peanut Butter Cup reminded me more of a Butterfinger than a Reese's Cup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Peanutbutter tea sound interesting g. Glad you enjoyed your new teas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Digging through your archives is giving me a lot of info, as well as a lot of pleasure. I found where you talked about a book of "Tea With Presidential Families". I found a used one on Amazon. It arrived today and is just like new. It came from a Goodwill store and I paid $4 including shipping. I love it and am so happy you talked about it. From Patsy in Nixa, MO

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another place to put on my list of places to visit when I'm in Chicago. Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's always fun to visit DavidsTea! They are so clever in blending!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks wonderful, Angela - would love to try it.
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!