Tuesday, September 1, 2015

And the iced tea reviews wind down for the year …

With Labor Day almost here, it seemed like time to begin winding down my "iced tea" reviews for the year. When I stopped by Ingles this week to pick up my now-weekly purchase of that yummy Pineapple Coconut White Tea from Jimmy Buffett’s Island Tea, I also picked up the two remaining flavors I had yet to try, Tropical Citrus Green Tea and Strawberry Lime Black Tea.

There's no diplomatic way to say this, so I'll just cut to the chase. This one was awful! This "tea" is really a juice drink, with the green tea extract ranked after the apple juice concentrate, pear juice concentrate, and orange juice concentrate. But there's a weird and almost medicinal aftertaste that I just couldn't abide. I think this is one of the few bottled teas I thought was so bad that I actually threw away most of the bottle. (Sorry, Parrotheads. You know I *wanted* to like this!)

Happily, the Strawberry Lime Black Tea was delicious! Yes, I know it's really just like Kool-Aid for grown-ups, because the ingredients are fruit and vegetable juice, black tea extract, and stevia extract, but at just 50 calories a serving, I think it's fine for an occasional indulgence. And while this one was good, I remain a devotee of the Pineapple Coconut flavor. But with fall arriving, I'm ready to tuck all these bottled teas away and start thinking about the spicy hot teas of fall! Are you?

7 comments:

  1. Once again, thanks Angela for your recommendations. I keep notes! ♫

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am quite ready to go back to hot tea as the weather cools down, but this is a good reminder that I meant to go by Ingles and see if I can find the Pineapple Coconut!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw these at the grocery over the weekend and started to take photos, but didn't because I thought to myself, "Angela will cover these." *Big Smile*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Am I *that* predictable? Wait, don't answer that … ;)

      Delete
  4. I love spice tea. Christmas Tea is a good one - will you find it soon?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your honesty. These companies should hire you as a taste tester before they put teas on the market. Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this honest review. I will pass. You know me!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!