Wednesday, September 9, 2015

September/October 2015 Tea Time magazine

Well, I did a bad thing and somehow managed to let my subscription to Tea Time expire, but mercifully, the new issue landed at Barnes & Noble the other day so I could get my fall tea fix. If you've got yours yet, do you just adore those teawares on the cover as much as I do? It's Wedgwood Tonquin Ruby china, and I can't imagine a prettier service for fall.

But a more humble teapot featured in this issue, the Brown Betty, is one I actually own. The headline of this article calls it "plain but reliable." Those aren't bad character qualities, for a teapot or a person, if you think about it! (The older I get, the more I'll take "plain and reliable" over "flashy but flaky" any day.)

And I must tell you I am ready to get my fall baking on, and I found this Savory Pear-Onion Compote in Puff Pastry Baskets just adorable—and so different. There's also a recipe for Chai Scones, and now I'm asking myself, "Self, why have you never made scones with chai in them before?" Lots of fun stuff in this issue of Tea Time. Have you got yours yet?

7 comments:

  1. That china on the cover is indeed gorgeous! Enjoy your fall baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every single issue of Tea Time Magazine brightens my day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! NJ featured tearooms too -- in my opinion Teaberry's in Flemington is outstanding. Also One Steep at a Time in Jamesburg is superb. I am so happy to have tea at these locations not too far from home. I always enjoy the recipes and of course the pictures of gorgeous tea services too. Love Tea Time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am looking forward to trying the Caramel Pumpkin cake for Thanksgiving dessert. Tea Time is my favorite magazine. Always makes for a great mail day. I have Teatime Holidays on order. It came out 9/1/2015 but couldn't find it at the bookstore. Christy in Tulsa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your review and love Tea Time magazine! The cover is always so gorgeous. I like your comment about the reliable tea pot, versus a flashy but flaky one.

    Just like you said, "the older I get, the more I am appreciative of reliable versus flashy." Gosh, how true! Have a great day. Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I received my issue, but haven't had a chance to sit down and look through it yet. I LOVE Tea Time magazine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!