Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Tea forté oolong and Italian tea biscuits

Over the weekend I bought quite a few Christmas gifts for tea friends. I won't spoil the surprise by showing them all now, but I can tell you that I had to search a little harder at my usual haunts (T.J. Maxx, HomeGoods, Marshalls and Ross stores) for tea goodies. Two of the T.J. Maxx items I bought intending to give them as gifts, but then I got worried since I've never actually tried these before. So, purely for quality control purposes, I decided to sample some new tea and some new tea biscuits. This Tea forté Ging Liu Silk Oolong caught my eye because of the elegant packaging and the fact it was just $5.99, when these retail for $20-22.

When I removed the lid, I saw that another inner metal lid was included, which struck me as a nice touch. The tea smelled very fresh, and when I measured it out I noticed the various green shades of the leaves. I steeped a cup and oh boy, was this good! It had a delicious flavor that reminded me, somehow, of some coconut oolong I've tried before. On a cold, rainy evening, this definitely hit the spot. "Multiple steepings encouraged," it says on the package. I happily obliged!

These Marabissi Italian biscotti da té (tea biscuits) came in several flavors, and I got the Rosemary ones. These had just the right, faint touch of rosemary, and they were thin and crisp and delicious, particularly with the oolong tea. So, it turns out I could have gone right ahead and given these as gifts. But why risk it when I hadn't tried them myself?

12 comments:

  1. Reading your posts is a fun, calorie-free way to satisfy my sweet tooth. Best to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a nice oolong. I like the special tin with the inner seal to keep the tea fresh. Those rosemary cookies sound yummy too.

    I'm like that when I try new recipes. First I have to sample it, before I'll serve it to someone else. It's that "just in case" thing, a lesson I learned the hard way, but that's another story. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Any excuse to try a new tea!!!! LOL!!!
    You're so funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've always wanted to try a Tea Forte, but have not had the chance. Glad to hear it was good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Of course, we must try gifts we are planning to give. The tea and biscuits sound yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely gift items. I too, enjoy shopping at Ross and TJ Max for tea items. A nice selection, at great prices.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a nice tea. Did you go back and buy more to give as a gift?
    What's the pick across your cup? I think you've blogged about it before.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, we can all share. You can have a little of what you give to others as a gift. Then you can all talk about the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Darling just checking in to see how you are doing? I hope life is treating you marvelously. Mine was a bit topsy turvy of late, but is slowly returning to normal.

    I friend of mine gave me a tin of this delicious tea, I loved it even though I prefer loose tea to bags, but this one I must admit was lovely.

    Take care
    Love & Hugs
    Duchess

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so bad! I am too. But then you know you are giving quality stuff, right? Of course right!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I certainly understand the need for 'quality control" when it comes to all things tea! *BIG Smile*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ginger, the teabag holder across the cup is called the Botanica Tea Set twig/branch, and yes, it was pictured in an Oct. 5 post. I love using it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking time to leave a comment! It makes my day to hear from readers!