Tuesday, November 17, 2009

A Mary Little Christmas

Many of us are fans of Mary Engelbreit's cheery artwork, especially when it features teatime. Last week at Michaels, I took advantage of a 40-percent-off coupon (which was actually upgraded to 50 percent off at the register) to buy this set of three ornaments, regularly $9.99, for just $5, which I thought was a great buy. There is also another set featuring three more similar designs, in case you're looking for teapot ornaments and have coupons!

There was also this cute single ornament, and again quite reasonably priced. Most of the ornaments on my teacup/teapot Christmas tree each year are three-dimensional, but I don't guess I have any objection to flat ones as long as they feature teacups or teapots!

And this particular ornament is not by "Mary" but it sure made me "merry" when I found it: the Wedgwood teacup and saucer ornament. Thanks to ParTea Lady's blog post here, I headed to my nearest Tuesday Morning store and, following her fine example, found the last one of this delightfully discounted ornament. It may be my favorite this year!

11 comments:

  1. Those ME ornaments are so pretty and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute - I wish Mary would keep creating new things - so much of what she used to do is no more...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw those at Michael's too, but they only had the one set and I didn't see the flat ornament. I'll be going back to get a set with my coupon in hand.

    Glad you found a Wedgwood teacup and saucer. It really is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. More teacup ornaments! Just precious. It occurs to me that there must be many of these available in the stores. Or at least there have been many over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to go shopping for these great bargains!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful teacup ornaments. Puts me in the mood for shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw a cute Lenox teacup ornament the other day at Ross, but didn't buy it. The ones at Michael's actually would be more tempting and I do have a 40% off coupon right now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like I need to make a trip to Michael's.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun! I didn't see these when I went. Glad you did. They have found a good home.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those Mary ornaments are adorable...I have about 15 of them that my husband bought for me when he was still working. I love them. I also have many,many china, or porcelain teacup ornaments. I might have to go to Michael's tomorrow and see if I can add to my collection...I don't have the three you have, but I can change that!

    Have a wonderful week!

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are all such lovely ornaments. I can't wait to see a photo of your tea tree!

    ReplyDelete